Book Reviews

 

Rated: 5 Stars

I had heard of code talkers before but didn't really know much about them until I read this book. It was very insightful and informative but what was happening on the Pacific front during World War 2. While reading I also enjoyed learning more about the Navajo Nation since I didn't know much beforehand.

Rated: 1 Star

While I appreciate the setting and struggles that the characters are going through for the time period, it felt a little flat and slow for me. I also felt bored while reading it.

Rated: 5 stars

It was eye opening to learn more about what it is like to live in North Korea. Especially since it is different that what we learn in school and through social media and the news.

Rated: 5 Stars

Having not read anything by Kristin Hannah before, this was a good starting point for me. While I don't really get emotional while reading, I can understand why people are saying to have a box on tissues on hand because it is an emotional rollercoaster. The ending did make me want to start crying. I don't know if I have the right words to properly express how reading and learning about what the men and women went through during the war made me feel. What I can say is that I think everyone needs to read because it is an amazing book and I feel like I learned more about the war than when I was in school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Header Ideas

The Other Side of Modesty

7 Quick Takes Friday